02 February 2007

Punxsutawney Phil

Today, in the American Tradition we celebrated Groundhog Day. I commemerated the day by eating a groundhog, which tasted just like the great white spotted owl. The news is reporting that the official american groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shawdow, therefore we will have a short winter. This might concern the global climate people who are studying global warming, a short winter must mean that the earth is getting warmer. There are several famous groundhogs in america, I have seen General Beau Lee, who resides in Atlanta, Georgia (home of the Braves). I have a freind that has seen Punxsutawney Phil, and I belive has even been to the groundhog day celebration. As for Staten Island Chuck, man I had never heard of him until today...

Well of course he did not see his shadow, it was dark outside...


Hillary Rodham Clinton , everytime I hear her quoated on the news, or a sound bite, I have flashbacks to a teacher running her fingernails down the chaclkboard.


Today's verse of the day is, Psalm 13

1 How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?
2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?
3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him," and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
5 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
6 I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me"

A movie quote, because I could not find any good quotes about groundhog day.


"So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald ... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one – big hitter, the Lama – long, into a 10,000-foot crevice, right at the base of this glacier. And do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga ... gunga – gunga lagunga. So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. "

1 comment:

R.S. said...

okay...i actually laughed out loud at the caption under the photo...stinkin funny!

-off to study for a Hebrew quiz!