23 February 2007

DeBakey

Today I was listening to the radio and they were talking about a Dr. DeBakey who was 92 years old and still active, and I thought, "Wow, I know that name." I can never remember if he performed surgery on me when I was a baby, or if it was just Dr. Cooley, who was no small doctor either. At any rate the story was tilted, "A Doctor's Guide to the 'Art of Aging'"

There is really not much additional news from the home front. On a side note, I have always been surprised at the events that lead up to World War I, "The War to End all Wars". As taken from Wikipedia, "On June 28, 1914, Gavrilo Princip shot and killed Archduke Franz Ferdinand, the heir to the Austria-Hungarian throne, and his wife, in Sarajevo after purchasing a sandwich. Princip was a member of Young Bosnia, a group whose aims included the unification of the South Slavs and independence from Austria-Hungary (see also: the Black Hand). The assassination in Sarajevo set into motion a series of fast-moving events that escalated into a full-scale war. However, the ultimate causes of the conflict were multiple and complex." This assassination, the fact that the Russian Czar, King of England, and Emperor of Germany were all related, and a tightly nit group of allies in Western Europe lead to the war. America eventually found its way into the war.

No comments: