26 February 2007

Manic Monday

Blogging is sometime like hiking to the top of a mountain. As you climb through the trees and get higher you can see more things. The work is hard, both hiking and blogging, each with unique challenges to overcome, and issues to conquer. Both are enjoyable, although in one I am connected to the "superhighway" and the other, there is not a computer for miles. One aspect they both have in common is a trail head or starting point. Today, I really do not have a good "trial head," and without that I am amiss as to the direction I should write. Normally, it is an event during the day, or a spectacular news event. While the Oscars were last night, I do not find them to be a spectacular news event.
I have heard several talk radio host comparing the action in Iraq to that of WWII. I presume the parallel that they are drawing upon is that Pearl Harbor was the event that led America into WWII, and the World Trade Center attach is what propelled America into the war against terror. To a certain extent I do not under stand their comparison between the two wars. In WWII the Allied Forces had a clear objective, beat the Germans, Japanese, and reading material.

No comments: