01 April 2007

Sunday BLues

I really have a limit of knowledge of the news in America as well as the general global news. I have not watched, nor read much news at all, and none of it has been interesting today. My main focus these days is the completion of the home update, which will include new kitchen cabinets.

Today they had an "Easter Egg Hunt" at church for the little kids. I say little, because I still feel like a kid from time to time. This is epically true at church. Cap was more interested in collecting rocks then Easter eggs, so I ended up with pockets full of eggs, and Cap's basket full of rocks. Speaking of church, we had Communion today, and the choir sang while everyone took the sacraments. This was a subject that I wanted to list with the preacher about, but had not found time to do it (there are several items that I would recommend changing). I though that it was very nice. I also do not know why the choir could not sing during the offering.

This morning our new (for lack of a better title) "Worship Leader" started leading the 15 minutes of "Gathering Time." As always there is a certain level of apprehension and fear when a program is changed or a new leader starts. The hard thing is putting your personal pride aside and trying new tact's or a new way to play a song. The new guy likes to call out the verse before we sing it and he will sing the choirs however many times suit him. While he may be filled with the spirit to do this, I prefer singing the songs though the way they are written.

If we are striving for a more modern feel I think there are a few things that should be done. First, is the bulletin, make it smaller and more modern, the current 10 x 17 folded in half is a lot of paper. I would also not put the words of the bible verse in the bulletin. There are a few songs that we sing that sound like they could be part of a, mmmm, funeral march.

Of course these are just opinions, and what I enjoy will not be what someone else enjoys.

No comments: