07 April 2007

Crash Celebrates...

Last week I wrote about the Beer and Wine Easter Sale that United is having over the easter weekend. I decided to send them a comment about that advertisment, and have since recieved 2 letters and one phone call. One of the letters was the standard form letter thanking me for my comment and for my shoping at thier stores. The funny thing about that letter is the letter head has a Lubbock, Texas address but the letter originated in Atlatna, Georga 30339.
The second letter was personeally signed and was not a form letter. To summerize the letter, the ad was printed in Houston by and outside firm. United did not catch the error in the add, which they called, "...a disserivece to all our store guests..." Additionally, they did no desire to disrecpe the celebratio of Christ's resurrection.
I still have to call the local store manager back, all in all I think they took my comment very seriously and did not brush it off. Of course, I will continue to shop there because they generally have the best food and service in town.
When I was a kid, we would stick black olives on our fingers at christmas dinner, much to the sigrine of our parents, and grandmother. I think perhpas Father though it was an okay thing to do. I base this comment off of the following story...
Everyone had sat down at the dinner table for Sunday lunch, a long standing traditon in our family. Marian, my grandmother whom we all called "Marian" announced it was time to bless the meal. Father, my grandfater whom we called, you got it, "Father" said the following pray, "Dear Lord, I think thee for the viddles, and please do not let them add to our middles." The grandkids laughed, Marian was displeased and I used to tell the story that she threw her show at Father, but I am not quite sure if it is true. That was the only time I ever heard a pray like that at Sunday lunch, and do not know what got into Father to provoke it.
As the grand kids grew up our fingers got bigger, and the black olives would only fit because the sides would split. I have found the solution, or at least Amy inadvertantly did...When they say "Colossal" they mean big, these bad boys fit onto my pinky finger with no problem.

Today was Crash's birthday party. It was fun, the cake was neat, and the company was excellent. I played with Cap, Mr. W, and Crash while I was there. The theme of the party was Pirates, Arrrh mattie.

Below is are a couple of pictures of the feastivities (including the cake, and the little pirate on the cake walking the plank.)












No comments: