05 April 2007

The thursday rush...

It has been a few days since I published or "posted" anything in the worldwide web. It is easily explained by stating that I have been working away on the house. Below is a play-by-play of the home improvement projects.

Monday...
Pitcher gets nailed in the head and does not remember what he worked on, but was up until midnight
Tuesday...
J is up to bat, and he hits a triple while painting the ceiling, it would have been a home run but he left a spot unpainted, and had to hold up at third (the crowd roars!!!!)

Wednesday...
J is on third and does the suicide squeeze (that is what it felt like this morning when I woke up) and slides into home with a newly painted ceiling in the dinning room. Another midnight bedtime.
Thursday...
J is on the pitching mound with three blinds to install (on one window) it was a three up (installed) and down inning (they work). The crowd roared because I made to much noise after bedtime. There is a lovely photo below.



That little story reminds me of a time that seems like yesterday when I was introduced to Meatloaf (not the dish). Fat-boy, his dad, Steven Renegar (who has fallen off the map, in the event that he reads this he should call me) and I were heading up to wolf creek for a ski trip. I think I was 17 or so, and as we passed the mile markers on the highway Harry says, "okay boys, I am going to play ya'll a song. Listen closely and don't tell you mother." He proceeded to put Paradise by the Dashboard Light into the tape deck of the white Ford explored. As the song spun its weave we began to laugh at some of the lyrics and the message. Towards the end was a dialog about baseball that was the cake topper. There is nothing bad about the song, and I purchased the CD when I was in college. It has some good ballads on it, along with the above mentioned song.

Amy is a little upset with the weather men. On Monday they were predicting Sunday (Easter) temperature to be in the 60s. Amy went and purchase El Captain a short sleeve shirt for the occasion. On Tuesday the weathermen said the temp would be in the low 50s. By Wednesday the prediction had dropped to 45. Today they said it would be in the low 30s for Easter Sunday.

Other note worthy events... Cap got a hair cut.
At Epic the kids played (we had that tonight before I played baseball with the blinds.)









No comments: