21 January 2007

Sunday Fun

Today church was cancelled due to the 8 inches of snow everyone had to contend with. So I feel like it has been a very long time since I have been. Today, I cooked a little breakfast, then Cap and I went to my parents. Cap played with Crash, and Me and My Dad Went to Check the Leases (not a children's book yet, but it could be.) I was assigned as the driver once we got to Pringle, so that dad could get out and I would not have to. The funny part is that you have to roll down the window in the passenger steat to open the door. So all morning long, it was up and down, up and down. Since it had snowed, and we are men, there was an obligation to cover some of the "oops I got stuck in the snow" stories. One of my favorites, that we did not talk about happen on Christmas morning...

I had gone "Up North" to check the Logan lease on Christmas morning, after the unwrapping but before lunch. I made the wells just fine, and decided to go look at the gas meter. I walked about 100 feet of it out and it seemed to be passable. It was 11:00 am and lunch was in 1 hour, so I decided to go for it. I turn down the road and start. Snow is fly out from under my truck as we zoom across the snow covered plan. I was listening to Christmas music on the radio, when all of a sudden, Thud, I came to a stop. I spent about 20 minutes trying to get unstuck, and then I had to make the call. Christmas dinner was delayed because of me, and I got a good ribbing when I finally arrived, after being pulled out by my dad.

No comments: