04 January 2007

No Fear

When I was in high school I found a tee shirt that said the following:

He who dies
With the most toys
Still dies

It was part of a brand called “No Fear”, and my little group of friends embraced this motto. We all had red “No Fear” stickers on our vehicles and though that we were pretty cool. I still have the sticker on my pickup and I can say that I do not live on the edge like I did in those days. I have not taken a “Suicide” ski trip in about 7 years, I learned that sleep was good; it is hard to ski for 8 hours, and spend 10 hours in a vehicle all in the same day.

In all actuality the motto is true, because we all will die at some point in our existence. Even though this is a fact, there are many people who are greedy and hoard money. Why? That is a question that has perplexed me, why hoard money like Ebenezer Scrooge.

We had EPIC tonight, and it was good. We meet at our house, which worked suprislying well, considering that we are short of space. The kids did really good, and the adults had a good visit. We have almost completed the study we are going through, up next, I think we will try a book. Unformationaly, not everyone enjoys reading books, so we will see how it goes.

No comments: