20 January 2007

Let it Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

If there was one song that could sum up the days events it would be:

Oh the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

It doesn't show signs of Pauseping,
And I've bought some corn for popping,
The lights are turned way down low,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

When we finally kiss goodnight,
How I'll hate going out in the storm!
But if you'll really hold me tight,
All the way home I'll be warm.
The fire is slowly dying,
And, my dear, we're still good-bying,
But as long as you love me so,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

This song was written by Sammy Cahn and the composer Jule Styne in 1945. It snowed all day long, and it was beautiful. I did spend about 1 hour shoveling snow from my driveway, which is good exersie. This morning we went out and did some practice driving on snowy road, Amy was driving. It was an experience... She did pick up which way to turn the car in a slide quickly. We also went to Honey and Bears and played. Crash and Cap played in the snow for a little while right before we left. Cap loved it, he thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. My mom took some pictures, which I hope to get a copy of. Below is a picture of me and my cousin 30 years ago playing in the snow. We made the front page of the newspaper that day, I am not sure if this was the exact photo, but you can get the picture.

THe next picture is me and the same cousin stainding infront of a newly rebuilt and repainted Oil Well Servicing Unit (Rig or Pulling Unit). This is or was Rig #35, a Franks draworks put onto an internation harvester truck.



Finally on the photo tour of my life, below is a picture of me running a pulling unit back in high school.












No comments: