04 November 2006

A Saturday Afternoon Drive Through Downtown

Once again, I have not had a great deal to write about, I have also been pretty tired after returning back to work. However, since today was Saturday, I felt like I should chronicle a few things about the day. First are foremost congratulations are in order for Jimbo on #3, which is also a boy. Secondly, today I drove through downtown and noticed that the City has already erected the Christmas lights along Main Street and Third Street. This leaves me with only one conclusion, The City is on the same calendar that Wal-Mart is on for Christmas. I also tried a new set of contacts today, and quite honestly I can see better without glasses then I can with those in. It seems pretty counter productive. Another noteworthy observation, the wind is not blowing here, and it is beautiful outside.

There has been lots of news lately about politics and politicians to read about in the media. These are the times that generally bring out the best in Saturday Night Live. Early on in the show Jimmy Carter was president and they did a skit with him answering a call in line. Every caller had a drug question and just by describing the shape and color of the pill he could tell the caller what it was.

No comments: