19 November 2006

The Backyard Report

This afternoon I sat in my backyard, and watched as the leaves rustled around they yard. Some slowly falling to the ground in a methodical dive, like watching divers in slow motion coming off the board. I also watched as a squirrel split nuts that he found in one of my trees...

My dad and his friend Monroe, who has always been a mystery man to Amy, came over tonight to visit. It was nice to see dad, and Monroe. Cap let Bear read a book to him, and they sat on the couch together. I was gone to praise band practice when they arrived.

Practice was good, I turned my mic back on, as it was off during the service this morning. This was only one of several things that pushed me toward being agitated. However, all was better tonight at practice. We sang one Christmas song, and that is exciting.

After thanksgiving there is a radio station that plays nothing but Christmas music until December 26, and you better believe that I will listen to it. I am glad this year because I can get that radio station in my office. I certainly hope that no one in the near by offices dislikes Christmas songs.

Right now I am watching a documentary about Penguins, wow, that is a rough life. I am glad that I am not a penguin, while they are most interesting animals to watch their life is tough. Marching across the ice, just to hop into the frozen ocean to catch some fish. Then they have to march back to the nest and share their food.

No comments: