11 November 2006

Leaves

Last night we drove 24 miles to eat at a restaurant, turned around and drove back home. I have never though much about those escapades here in West Texas, because driving is part of living. I was visiting with a guy that works for a major oil company in their Exploration and Production department. He informed me that he put 31,000 miles on his company truck in the last nine months. I bet he has a lot of time to ponder life as he beats a trail down the road.

This morning I was captivated by the leaves falling off the trees. With their vibrant radiant red and orange colors, it is their last salute before the cold from Canada begins to creep in. In a few weeks it is possible that I will watch as snow gently falls from the sky and blankets the region. The white cover will give the and area a true feeling of innocence.

No comments: