18 November 2006

Kingdometide

Today I went to the park and walked 2 miles, which is the furthest that I have been since my body work. It was a pleasant day out, the breeze was a tad on the chilly side in the shaded areas. The shaded areas are decreasing in size rapidly as the leaves fall off the trees. This process was greatly enhanced on Tuesday of last week when we received 60 mph winds, with gust that were higher. That really blows the leaves off the trees. I will start jogging some once the Dr. says that it is okay, which will most likely be on Wednesday. Yippie!

While I was on my walk I listed to another podcast of the Asbury Chapel Service. It was good, the speaker went over Kingdomtide, and enlightened me to a few things. One thing that I pondered that was not discussed, loving our neighbors. More to the point, I think that the church in general and members in particular often struggle with this. As a church rolls out new programs, or as members sit in a Sunday school class and cover curriculum, there are people out in the world that need to experience God’s Love. By focusing on programming, and the next big thing we often overlook how simple it is to show God’s love. I find that I sometimes am consumed with my own life that I do not look up and around at other peoples lives…

I cooked tonight, we had grilled chicken breast, that had marinated in a lemon/orange with some spices marinate. We also had salad, toast, and Bush’s Beans, which were a big hit. I wanted to take the chance to grill while there was still a hint of autumn in the air before Jack Frost moves into the neighborhood for the winter.

No comments: