13 November 2006

The Pink Shirt

Amy and Jenn went to some “girl thing” tonight, so Brandon and Peyton came over to assist me with Cap. We had a good time, and the boys certainly enjoyed each other. The women, or at least Amy, returned with a catalog full of more stuff to purchase.

I worn a Pink shirt to work today, it is a nice polo button down shirt, that I ironed myself. I was tormented all day long by one of my co-workers, whom we will call Stanley to protect his innocents. I like the shirt and think that it goes with my skin tone and color. I am certainly not wearing it because I am making some sort of statement, it is just a nice shirt.

On a food note, I had oatmeal for breakfast (Quakers), soft taco’s for lunch (Mexican), and Spaghetti (Italian) for dinner. My pallet went on a world tour of sorts, and it all happened in a 10 mile radius from my house.

The link below will take you to an NPR piece that was written by Lt. Col. Carl Grunow. It is a story the encapsulates some of the trials and tribulations of life in Iraq.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6481797

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great chat tonight. Good to hang out with you and the cappers. We will definitaly have to do so again in the near future.