03 March 2007

The Hot Dogger

This morning, I helped with a fundraising breakfast at the church, it was fun, and I finally found the job that I like. I have cooked eggs, sausage (hot and greasy), gravy (it goes well with my chemistry back ground, but it is a bit more finicky then chemistry lab), hash browns (the oven man is always in the way due to kitchen design) and I was the oven man. Today I was one of the Biscuit boys, we have our own room, it is nice and quite and we make the biscuits for the oven man to put in the oven. It was great, and while it involved mixing ingredients together, biscuits are more forgiving to make then say, gravy.

This afternoon we went to the city to look at kitchen cabinets, doors, shelves for Cap's room, stoves, and dryers. While we came back with two doors, 3 door knobs, ordered Caps's shelves and the front door, it seemed like it did not go as well as I planned. We ate some good hamburgers.

Tonight we went to my parents and in the course of the conversation a cooking device called, "The Hot Dogger" came up (see picture below). (Yes I did find it on Ebay). It is a device that cooked the hot dog (wienies) using electrical current. My parents actually had one of these before I was around. Cooking devices are not quite as interesting as the hot dogger. Could you imagine what American kitchens would be like if the hot dogger was as popular as the microwave. We could have had the "Hamburger dogger", "corn dogger" or the "steak dogger" all complete with a set of electrodes to electrocute dinner.


No comments: