13 January 2012

SInnerman

Tonight I cued up the soundtrack for the "Thomas Crown Affair" (1999) durning bath time. The first song up was a song titled Sinnerman, or Sinner Man. I was surprised that I did not get any negative comments from the peanut gallery, especially since the song is 10 minutes in length. It is a lively song, with a fast beat, and the lyrics are sort of hard to make out in the Nina Simone version.

I purchased the sound track, in part because I really found that song intriguing. In the movie it is play as Thomas enters the museum to return the painting he had stolen. The song does not to my knowledge have an author attributed to it. It is classified as an American Spiritual.

The peanut gallery is exposed to a wide variety of music when I am around. From classical, to piano, to certain alternative bands. I watch the lyrics closely, and prefer to spin a little Third Day, or the Orange County Supertones "Chase the Sun", both are christian bands.

No comments: