23 April 2006

That's my Stool...

I woke up about 6:30 am this morning, and had to pacify to dog for a while before I could let her out in the backyard. The neighbors do not like it when she is out barking before 7:00 am, and 8:00 am would be better. I do not blame them; they are not running around their house making all sorts of noise. It sprinkled a little bit last night; I still ran the tractor sprinkler, which works great. I can set it up and turn it on with the stop on the hose. When it hits the stop it automatically stops, which is “neat”, or “cool”, or (possibly if you are from the 80s) “WICKED”.

The rest of the day’s events went down like this:
Church 10:30 – 12:00
Lunch at parents 12:00 – 1:20
Worked in back yard 1:20 – 2:30
Preparations to attend party 2:30 – 2:45
Attended Birthday Party 3:00 – 4:45
Went to Youth 5:00 – 6:30
Picked up Cap 6:30 – 7:00
Bath/Bed time for Cap 7:15 – 8:00
Work around the house 8:00 – NOW…

I did spend a great deal of time taking pictures this morning. The Birthday party was good, Cap had a good time, and I had a nice visit with some friends…

At Youth we played kick ball, and once again I was on a losing team, then we talked about Mission Trips. I have lots of memories from Mission Trips in the past. I think that they are an excellent way to get to know the group better, and to grow closer to God. Part of that is being semi-isolated from the world around you. These are the times, when you are not focus so much on your career, home improvements, or other hang-ups, but you are focus on doing Gods work. Showing his love by building or repairing someone’s home is a powerful message.

The picture below is Cap playing in his PJs this morning.

No comments: