06 March 2014

Ash Wednesday

Yesterday I celebrated Ash Wednesday and the beginning of lent with the kids.  We had a kids worship service at the church which was nice.  Of course, we also had the kids practicing to sing in church this coming Sunday, adding to the challenge of herding kids.  

As I prepare for the celebration of Easter I have committed to giving up chips and hot sauce during lent.  This will be much greater than my first few Lents on college.  During those times I gave up chocolate, and watermelon, neither were much of a challenge.  Chips and Hot Sauce I part of my routine diet, and sometimes account for my supper.  (Hey, I am getting vegetables in the hot suave and grain from the chips, what's the big deal?).   So if you see me eating chips an hot sauce between now and Easter, call me on it...




No comments: