10 March 2014

A Morning at the Museum

The Museum is a great place for kids, especially the fine arts museum.  They have lots of things that the kids can touch and climb all over.  Oh, wait, I was taking about the Museum of Art is not like that.  You have to be quite, not touch anything, and there is nothing to climb on.  Even with those obstacles the kids and I went down to the Museum of Art and saw some neat things, and some beautiful art work.  While Mr. C and Ms E may not appreciate the artistic value in all of the recycled material that was hung on the wall as part of Come On Down, by Lisa Hoke, they did enjoy watching the time-lapse video of its installation.  (You to can watch the time-lapse video of this exhibit, from the comfort of your home by clicking on this link.)  It was a very unique work of art, and on Saturday Mornings, there is a group of individuals doing Yoga in the exhibit room, we were not among them.

My favorite exhibit was by far the Dale Chihuly Glass, it is not that I do not like paintings I really do, the exhibit just captured my imagination more than the rest.  The simple elegance of glass, blow and colored into may different shapes and sizes.  The lighting that was used help to accent and compliment the glass work.  Giving the glass work a feel of being alive and full of energy.

They had backpacks that kids could have taken which had paper and crafts to do.  Also, the Museum offers all manner of kid and family art classes on Saturdays.  My kids favorite part was taking pictures of the glass sculptor in the entrance.  I have included a few of their photo's below, not the highest quality, we were using the iPhone.  Enjoy...

I will be going back to the Museum soon, since they have an Ansel Adam's exhibit opening on Friday, I informed the family that I would be going back to look at it, with or without them.  I will probably do both, since the Museum is within walking distance of my office.










No comments: