22 June 2008

OKC

Last weekend we went to OKC (which is short for Oklahoma City) to celebrate Whaetly's birthday. The trip was a lot of fun. We took the pickup which was good, until we hit a monsoon about 10 miles from the hotel. I had to get out and put a tarp over the luggage. I agree with the boyscouts, in that you should always be prepared. Cap thought the rain and Storm were just one more big adventure. We went to White Water and had a good time, I did several laps around the lazy river (walking, not floating), and played in the kids pool with the kids. Actually, it was more like herding cats. Saturday night we had the birthday party, complete with cup cakes that turned your teeth green. On Sunday, we went to the big furniture store, the mall with the Apple store, and Kid's Pottery Barn. I am not sure why they call it pottery barn, I did not see a single pot in the joint. I played with an apple computer at the apple store, I really was not to impressed. Perhaps that is because I have had 13 years of Windows pumped in from Microsoft.

This weekend, we stayed in the area. Yesterday, I took a desk to the salvation army, and one to the transfer station. It gets transferred to the municipal dump in Pampa. Then I worked on the Mustang. Last night we took the kids to the park. Cap played in the water park, and Ella and I made a few laps.

Today we went to church and had our first experience with the new pastor. He seems nice, he can sing so he lead the hymns.

No comments: