08 June 2008

Changing of The Gaurd Tommorow, our new computer desk will arrive. I have to say, that I am excited about this prospect for the following reasons.

Tomorrow, our new computer desk will arrive. I have to say, that I am excited about this prospect for the following reasons.

1. The computer is currently on the bar.
2. We do not have any bar stools.
3. I have to sit 1- feet away from the monitor to comfortable type the blog.

So tomorrow evening, I will be moving the computer to the new desk, yippee.

This is the week in June when many Methodist Pastors move to a new church. Because the Methodist church is a correctional church, the pastors are assigned by the bishop and his cabinet, and this is the week when most will be moving. Don, our current pastor is moving to Abilene to take on the role of District Superintendent, where he will be more of a pastor to the pastors. Don and his family served our church for 5 wonderful years, and they will be missed.

Our new pastor is coming from Childress, and I have heard many positive things about him. One thing that I always find interesting is the question, "What do you think of the new pastor". When I was in high school I asked one of the older members this question (several actually and got more or less the same response)- You know I have seen 13 pastors come and go, and when this one leaves, I will still be there. At the time I was taken back by this comment, but it does have some stark reality in it. I believe that the pastors are at church to aide, guide or otherwise facilitate the members in ministry to the community. I think most churches are good at doing ministry to the other church members, however, where we sometimes fail is in engaging the community. I will say up front, that I to fail in this aspect.

All theories beside, Don and his family, exemplified their love of Christ in the way they served our Church. If I had it my way, they would not be leaving. However, it is also note worthy to say, when I have things "my way" and do not listen to God, the ole train usually derails. If you cannot think of anything to pray for this week, pray for your pastor, and all the pastors that are in the great Methodist shuffle.

No comments: