28 June 2008

Hmmmm....

As you can see, I really could not think of a good title for the blog, so I used the "Hmmmm". This reminds me of one of my neighbors up the street. I he a very talkative person. If there is ever a laps, pause, or brief silence in the conversation, he fills the void with one of the following, "un-HU", "yeap," or "mmmhu." (We are using Ebonics, because I am not really sure how to spell any of those.) Which naturally brings me to the discussion of the, "awkward Silence" in conversation. Silence in a conversation, is only awkward when you are not well awkward with the individual you are conversing. There is only one big exception, and that is when they drop some bombshell of information, that never in your life you would have expected them to say, admit to, or have actually done. Mean while in your mind you are searching desperately for the cliche which will get you past this moment of awkward.

It was an eventful week this week, the headlines would read something like this:

The dynamic duo attend pre-school

The 24 hour stomach bug hits

Honey goes to the shop for repairs

I will refrain from putting the highlights from my week at work in the blog, needless to say, there were some colorful moments.

Today Cap and I went and assisted setting up tables with the rest of SPRC for the "Weclome new Pastor" hamburger cookout. Tommorow, I get to help cook hamburgers, which is always a time for "Male Bonding" at the church.

No comments: