28 February 2014

Satire

Satire has been around for as long as I can remember, and as my eyes grow week, my hair turns grey, and my joints stiffen, satire gets better.  My formative years of satire were spent watching Saturday Night Live from the 70's, 80's and 90's.  I will admit that they had some rough spots, or dry spells, however they find consistency during presidential campaigns.  This in itself should be an indication of times to come.

Going back even further, in to the paper era of entertainment (books) one still finds reminantes of satirical works.  Books such as The Adventures of Huckleberry FinnGulliver's Travels, etc, have been read by millions.  These days, satire, and very funny satire, can be found around every nick and corner. With the advent of 400 cable channels, youtube, blogging, The Onionand the like.  Below are a couple of my favorite videos from the 2014 Winter Olympics.

Curling

Figure Skater Falls Through Ice - Print

Figure Skater Fall Through Ice - Video

No comments: