18 February 2014

Island on Wheels

After living in this house for over two years I finally decided to try the buffet or island in a new place.  When we move in it was against the north wall in what would be call the breakfast nook.  Of course we did not have a kitchen nook table, we had two dinning room tables.  So the smaller one went into the nook.  Part of my "objectives" for the year (since I do not set resolutions) was to impart some orginization in a couple of areas.  The kitchen nook was on that hit list.  (On a side note, the United Nations makes Resolutions, and we can see how well those have worked out.  That could be an entire series of blogs.)  

It seems that since I move the island, which is on wheels, to the kitchen I have more space in the kitchen nook area.  However I have not done any major cooking in the kitchen since making the move yesterday.  I thought that it was pretty inventive to put wheels on the island.  It makes it some much easier to move.

Also on my orginization hit list is the garage.  Primarily moving a lot of the food stuff we store out there indoors, to get it out of the way, and keep it a more constant temperature.  

No comments: