25 July 2010

The Kayak Roll

Well I want to start of with a little something on my trip to Northern Louisiana last week. When you go to Louisiana, their specialty it seafood / cajun food, not Mexican food. I did eat at a Mexican food joint last week, it was okay, but it was not like an Emerald "BAM!" Type of experience.

Friday we headed for the hill country,which is one of my favorite parts of Texas. We had the Strebeck summer Family Celebration, which was fun. This leads me to the kayak, I had never been in one so I tried it out. Fist in a two man boat with ella, which went well. Then I decided (Ella did help make the decision when she went of crying for "mom") that I would try a single person. I managed to roll ot over about 6 inches after being push off from shore. I was proud of my new sandals, the functioned well when wet. Our clan had a great time there, one odd thing, we stayed in a hotel that had a tile floor in the room. It caused me to have a little anxiety. On a positive note, our kids did not crash on it.

On the way home we stopped at my cousin Tina's and had lunch in San Antonio, which was a lot of fun. Got to meet Teddy, and have a nice chat.

We did get stuck in traffic 60 miles for houston, so I bailed off the interstate and hit some of the back roads.

No comments: