15 July 2010

Travels

Here is a brief recount of my recent travels.

Houma, LA - July 7-9th
I had Cajun food, and stayed at the Fairfield Inn. To be honest it was not what I expected, a little run down, and my room had a de-humidifier. That's right, something that sounded like a diesel engine in my room that removed humidity.

Houston - 1 Night

Abilene, TX - July 10th-11th
Stayed at Alana's had a great time with them as well as Ryan & Amberly. Went to Ryan's church, which I could not remember ever seeing when I lived there. In addition to that, I had the best ribs I have ever had in my life, Doug cooked them for the birthday party.

Houston - 2 Nights (Yippee)

Editorial Note: I drove 300 + miles 3 days in a row.

College Station - July 13-14
Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. I Went to a place called wings and more, and we were all surprised that they actually made a few things that weren't fried. I also had a great pork chop at lunch.

Beeville - July 15
Holiday Inn Express I know what you are thinking, "Where is Beeville?". Well it is in Bee county. Not much to report, did not have a local guide for dinner last night, so I headed to Chillis, one them about that place is consistency. No matter if you are in the houston airport, Amarillo, Tx, or Lincoln Nebraska, the food tastes about the same.

No comments: