05 July 2010

Fashion


Yesterday we went to church, then went to the Texas Roadhouse for lunch. While we were there I noticed a couple of the waitresses wearing miss matched socks. I asked Amy if they knew their socks did not match, and she said that they did. Evidently that is a fashion statement, as opposed to a political statement. It reminds my of a children's book that Max Lucado wrote titled, If I Only had a Green Nose, which is a great children's book no matter how old your are. This sock thing is a fad just like the bell bottoms of the 70's and late 90's as they made a resurgence. Clothing fashion is such a strange concept, how things that look good today, my children will laugh at when they are my age.
A few interesting tib bits from the news. A hot dog eating champ was arrested for trying to crash Nathan's hotdog eating contests. (Link) You have got to be kidding me, I mean really, there is much more news worthy stories out there. On a second level, a contest to see who can eat the most hot dogs. This is something you do as kids, with hot dogs, pizza, or Cream Puffs. (I would like to mention that I hold the family record for the most cream puffs eaten at 3. I must clarify that these were the "BIG" ones, not the little ones). Only in America, will we have a contest to see who can eat the most hot dogs. It does not stop there... ...in Amarillo, Texas, there is a steakhouse that will cook you a 72 oz steak for free, if eaten in 1 hour along with the sides, while sitting in front of the entire restaurant.
For all the soccer fans out there, the following link will take you to a video of a couple of announcers, announcing a goal in the world cup. I have always said that it is funner listening to the Spanish announcers while watching, and this is even better.

No comments: