23 November 2008

Christmas is Upon Us

Well, this Thursday is Turkey Day, or thanksgiving. I prefer to call it thanksgiving myself, because we have a lot to be thankful for. If you are reading this, then you should be thankful for the ability to read, and thankful that you had parents, and teachers who cared enough about you to ensure that you could read. I mean, I rarely use words that are more than three syllables, so it is not as detailed as reading a dissertation on the parallels between Luke and Acts. (That is an assumption on my part). My dad's birthday is tomorrow and he will be a year older, while I was thinking about this fact, it dawned on me, that a week and half after his birthday, I would also be turning a year older.

I am sure that you are expecting some rant about being another year older and that it is depressing, I assure you that it is not depressing. It is exhilarating to be having a birthday, sure I am not as agile as I was at 4, 14, or 24, and I will probably not ever "catch air" on the ski slopes, but I have gather lots of wisdom. A bit of wisdom that I have accrued, is that "catching air" might be fun, but like running into a burning building, if you are not a professional, don't do it. Keep this in mind, if you stop having birthday's that means only one of two things, either the rapture has occurred, or the other thing happened.

I love Christmas music, I mean, I really like Christmas music. Every year I will listen to Christmas music on the FM radio from the Friday after thanksgiving until after Christmas day. Last year we found that the XM radio has several Christmas stations. (I should note that they also have a Hanuka station, which has some strange sounding songs.) So we were driving back from Amarillo last weekend, and Amy announced that the XM radio already has their Christmas station up and running, at least one of them. Needless to say, I am not sure why she would inform me of this, but I have been listening to lots of Christmas music.

No comments: