02 February 2013

Ground Hog Day

Today, being a Saturday, meant that my normal schedule of listening to NPR's Morning Edition, did not happen.  I did not realize that it was ground hog day until the middle of the afternoon.  At which point, I had been in the back yard picking up in my shorts and sandals.  It felt very spring like today, and I hope that there is not 6 more weeks of winter.  All of the beloved Christmas decorations are in the attic, with the exception of this hideous snowman/Santa Christmas ball which will become property of the city's sanitation department Monday.

I was in high school, when the movie Ground Hog Day came out with Bill Murray.  It was a fun show, and an interesting concept.  My life would not be going very fast if I had to go back and start each day over if I did not get everything correct in that day.  There are several days, however, that I would not have minded a do over.  The one thing those days almost always have in common, is the failure to engage the mind, prior to engaging the mouth.

So to all of the overgrow squirrels out there, Happy Groundhog Day!  ...does anyone know if he saw his shadow?

No comments: