24 February 2013

Las Vegas Wedding

This past weekend we went to Las Vegas for a wedding, not mine, but my sisters wedding.  It was a fun time.  The wedding was really nice, it was not done by a midget Elvis, or at the drive through wedding chapel.  It was on a balcony overlooking the Bellagio's water fountain, and when they kissed, the water show started.  


As far as fun family outings, we found several G rated activities, which included the indoor amusement park at Circus Circus, Riding the Deuce, dinner at the Rain Forrest Cafe, the Shark Reef at Mandalay  Bay, and finally, the taxis'.  I had a very memorable conversation with one driver about the economics of Energy, and oil.  

Las Vegas is like a melting pot of ideas, thoughts, desires, love, hate, and risk.  It is the only place I know, where you can get married, in the same manner you get a bacon cheese burger from Sonic.  Additionally, it is a place with some very beautiful buildings to walk in/through and admire, all while sucking in second hand smoke.  One of the best signs that I saw said, "The restroom facility is non-smoking," while you had to contend with second hand smoke at the Monte Carlo food court.  It is a city of irony, with thousands getting married their each year, but the city's motto is, "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas..."  which is a little contradictory in my mind.  



One place I forgot to go by while I was there was the "In-and-Out Burger".  I saw it on the taxi ride back to the airport, and thought, shoot... I missed that one.  

Congratulations to Natty and Kale!!!

No comments: