01 May 2007

Some Random Thoughts

Today is May 1st, also know as May Day, a day that has a long history which can be read if you click on the May Day Hyperlink. If I was a Russian, which I am glad that I am not, I would have a shot of vodka and then throw the glass in the fire place. Since I am an American, I will just say that it is May Day, and go on about the day like always. The Mets lost to the Marlins today, the score was 5-2.

Tonight I read Jeremiah 2, which can be summarized as one good tongue lashing for the Israelites. Below are a few experts from that reading (New Living Translation).



Jeremiah 2:23-24 -- You say, ‘That’not true! I haven’t worshiped the images of Baal!’ But how can you say that? Go and look in any valley in the land! Face the awful sins you have done. You are like a restless female camel desperately searching for a mate. You are like a wild donkey, sniffing the wind at mating time. Who can restrain her lust? Those who desire her don’t need to search, for she goes running to them!



Jeremiah 2:11 -- Has any nation ever traded its gods for new ones, even though they are not gods at all? Yet my people have exchanged their glorious God[c] for worthless idols!



How often do we do this, trade in the love of our glorious God for an idol that will not fulfill us completely? The riot act the Jeremiah was reading the people of Israel, could easily be read to the contemporary liberal anti-God culture. People chase what they think will make them happy, all the while working hard to avoid the one whom will bring us peace. Along with the peace the Lord has, he also has happiness.



I took 242 pictures with my new camera, it is nice or sweet or awesome (depending on what generation you are from.)



Below is a picture of Cap this evening.

1 comment:

R.S. said...

what a guy!!!