20 January 2013

Andy's Frozen Custard

This past weekend I experienced Andy's Frozen Custard for the first time my life, in Springfield.  On the way there I asked my sisters how it worked, and they informed me that you picked a base, either chocolate or vanilla, then pick the other things you want in it.  I was taken back because I wanted strawberry, which is one of the best fruits ever.  First off, it is red, vibrant red, with a splash of green at the top. Red and green are Christmas colors, so what is not to like about that combination.  Additionally, strawberrys are very flexible, they go in ice cream, smoothies, chocolate, salads, you can eat them whole, or cut them up.  While they don't go into pie, they do make Yummy jelly.  On top of that they ave a wonderful texture, with all of the little black dots on the outside.

Back to the frozen custard...  ...they went on to explain that they were like the Dairy Queen "Blizzard" only called "concrete".  So I was ready, until the girls started rattling off the long list of items you could add into your concrete....
Almonds
Bananas
Butterfinger
Butterscotch
Cheesecake
Cherries
Coconut
Carmel
Chocolate syrup
Crused nuts
Heath bar
Hot fudge
M&M
Marshmallow
Oreo
Peanut butter
Peanut butter cups
Peanuts
Pinnapplee
Pretzels
Raspberries
Reeds pieces
Strawberrys
Roasted pecans

With such a large selection criteria,  I froze in a moment of uncertainty.  "If I choose poorly my desert will be ruined", is what I thought.  So, I did the most uninspirable thing I could think of, I said, oh, I will take one of those too.  Not my finest ordering moment, but I must say, it was a wonderful desert, and I am glad went their instead of Orange Leaf, with the rest of the gaung.









No comments: