26 August 2010

Scenes From My Day 8-26-10

Today I went into a CVS pharmacy in Lafayette, Louisiana. Behind the cash register they had 3 sections of merchandise in this order. First there was the Patron, and other hard liquor. Next to the adult beverages was the and I quote the sign "Quit Smoking Zone". An area with a variety of aids to help stop the smoking. Next to that section was the cigarettes, there was not space whatsoever between them. I would think that if they were interested in helping people kick the habit, they would not be selling the cigarettes.

The other item I notice is that you can purchase a Whataburger gift card now. It makes the perfect card to give to that co-worker that you just cannot tolerate. Buy one today, and save it for the dreadful white elephant gift christmas party this year. That's right, a Whataburger gift card.

If this is not enough there was a teenage girl that came into the whataburger wearing ballet slippers, lime green pants, a yellow shirt, and a knitted winter hat that looked like a puppy dog. I should point out that it is 93 F outside and sunny. If it was 32 cloudy with snow I could understand the hat. No matter what the temperature the lime green pants just don't work.

No comments: