11 October 2008

Rainy Saturday

The past week was another busy week at work, I woke up this morning at 5:00 am with no alarm clock, which is another sign that I am getting old. Today we went to the mighty metropolis of Amarillo in hopes of going to a pumpkin patch. However, it rained all day long, we did manage to get some costumes for the kids. Cap wanted to be "Lighting McQueen" from the Disney movie Cars. Amazingly enough they make a costume for that. For Ella we found a cut Lady Bug outfit, which I liked. I though it was a tad bit better then being a princess, she can be a princess a little later in life. Perhaps she will grow up to be a famous entomologist, perhaps she will become the Isaac Newton of bugs.

On the grand adventure we met up with my sister "Aunt Natty", mom and crash. We went to Uncle Edd's house to see father, it was like a brief mini-family reunion. The boys (father, Edd, and Bear) were watching the coveted football game, The University versus ou, and UT was a victor of the game. The score was 45-35. They performed a lot better against their opponents than the Borger High Football team, who lost 51-30 to Levelland.

I am about to become part owner of a bank, and I am excited about the opportunity. That's right, part owner of a bank, me, you and the other 305,186,613 Americans, as Uncle Sam with the help of Uncle Henry (Henry Paulson) purchase ownership in the banks(Link to News Article). This is a step that has not been taken since the Great Depression. When I was a kid I remember seeing a shelf at my grandparents house that had noting but bars of soap on it. I bet there were 100 bars of soap on that shelf. I have always related that type of stock piling to their growing up during the great depression.

No comments: