01 October 2008

193

Last week when I was on vacation, I took a true vacation. I did not check my work e-mail for the entire time, I left on a Friday afternoon and did not log in again until the monday morning after I returned, a grand total of 9 days. When I logged on the computer Monday morning, I had a total of 193 e-mails waiting for me. That is around 21 per day over the eight day strech, of course if you take out the 4 days that were week end, the average is 39 e-mails. Sure there were some that were junk, and some that was mass distributed e-mails. The sad part is that when I am in town, I normally get more e-mails than that. One thing that I did not have to worry about was phone messages on the office phone. They were nice enough to delete any that I might have had over the weekend, when new software was installed on the phone system. (Oh, boy) so if the president happened to call, yeah I did not get that one.

Work has been a tumultuous affair since I have returned, none of that slowly ease into the week stuff for me, it is more like a sprinter coming out of the starting blocks on Monday Morning, the only difference is that I do not get to stop after 100 yards.

Ella had a VCU test done yesterday, which is used to determine if she has any reflux between her bladder and kidney's (Cap had reflux which we corrected.) The test itself went well, however, the results showed that she has grade 2 reflux. Which is a step above mild, so we will get to do some preventive antibiotics every day, and have the test run again in a year to see what things are like.

Once again, the NY Mets fizzled out in the waining week of the big show and did not make it to the play offs. However, Joe Torre did make it, although not with the Yankees who fired him last year, he is now with the Dodgers, and the Yankees, well they did not make the cut this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FYI: Ella's test was called a VCUG. When she was born she had a grade 1 on one side, 0 on the other; now she has grade 2 on both sides.

Amy