29 December 2007

Yule

Today was the kind of day that I like, with the exception of attending one funeral. I woke up and went to the office to work on sending a note out with my boss. Then I ran down to the Tar Box creek and checked the Oil Wells on the Hodges. After that I went home, at some lunch, attended a funeral. After that I had a message on my phone from my dad, he had locked the keys in his truck and was stranded at the riverview station. So I went to rescue him, and Monroe. Once that was done I stuck around and ran the pulling 54 joints of tubing into a well.

The Funeral was the second one that I have attended this month. Today it was Max Nuttall's funeral. Max was always at Church, the first one there on Sunday morning and he locked the doors once the service had completed. He was always happy and a pleasure to talk to. When I was learning how to play golf, I got to play with him a few times. There was a group of retirees that would hit the links at sun-up and he was usually there.

A few weeks ago I attend the funeral of Dorthy Fahle, who was a neighbor on the street that I grew up on. In the summer she and her husband (Mark) would sit on their front porch for a couple of hours each night. As a kid I would usually find my way down to visit. They were both wonderful people. The first few years that I lived on the block during the winter, Dorthy would have a bible study on Monday evenings for all the kids on the block.

On a side note, the word Yule means: Christmas or the Christmas Season. In case you wanted to know.

No comments: