09 August 2007

First Bath

Life in the fast lane is really kind of fun. I am sure that most people think of the fast lane as New York city night life, or living in Hollywood parting all night. I am sure that both of these types of lifestyle make the day go by fast, however, living in the fast lane is raising children. It is the fast lane with benefits. In the movie Parenting the character played by Steve Martin says, "You know they make you go to class and pass a driving test before you get your drivers licence, but there is no class or exam required for becoming a parent." I am awestruck that God does not require training or a class before becoming a parent, it is truly a gift of God to have kids.

Last night we gave Ella her first bath. There are pictures below.
Of course Cap had to have a bath as well...

Last night Amy and I also watched a documentary on Stax Records, a recording company based out of Memphis that I had never heard of. They put out some of the great hits of the 60's including Otis Reading. It aired on PBS between 3:00 am and 5:00 am.

1 comment:

:) said...

I ♥ Babies! sleep is good too, but babies are so much better. :) Your family is beautiful!