18 August 2007

The Backyard

I like sitting in the back yard during the cool summer evenings. As I sit on the patio tonight I can feel the humidity in the air as it begins to drop out on everything. I can smell the cool air of the outdoors, and it fresh scent. (A scent that no matter how many times they try, chemist will never be able to duplicate in a lab or an air freshener.) I can here and see the tractor sprinkler as it is making its march across the yard. Though unlike Sherman's march to Atlanta, the sprinkler is raining down one of the necessary ingredients to life, water. I can also hear the thousands of bugs that are hiding across my yard and the land around it. It is a time when I can really relax and forget about the trials and tribulations of the day as it comes to its conclusion.

So now, I sit in the backyard on the porch in a chair...

No comments: