14 February 2011

Who is Cee Low Green

Last night I wanted to see what the music scene was like, by watching the Grammy's. Normally I tend to avoid award shows, because most of it is just pomp. I managed to watch 10 minutes of the show. Keith Urban, Norah Jones, and some other guy, sang "Jollie". Then they gave the award for best song of the year. Of the seven nominees, I had heard only one of the songs. It was at that point I realized (a) watching was a waste of my time (b) I rarely listen to pop music (unless you count Beethoven), (c) I am out of touch with today's music. So, who is Cee Low Green, and what kind of name is that?

Perhaps I should do some reading on the Oscar nominees, to increase my pop knowledge. However, I think I will just read a book instead, and engage my mind! Any activity more American's should do.

No comments: