28 February 2011

Descisions

Decisions are made all the time. Today, I made many decisions, most were small, with little impact, like waking up on time. (Always a good decision in my book.) I made decisions about what I was going to where, items at work were decided upon, and action taken.

Now if i was three, one of the biggest decisions of the day would be, what Pajama's I was going to select for sleeping in. Next to that decision, a three year old would be selecting which stories their parents would read, while they played, and appeared to pay marginal attention to. To be three again, it sounds pretty inviting, until you realize, you don't get to decide much after all. Wake up when you are woken up, and go to sleep when your parents tell you.

I was informed at work that last night were the Oscar's. This information was passed to me, down the hall and through my door, in the form of a conversation down the hall. Had those two individuals not been talking about it, the entire event might have gone without me noticing. I am sure there were great movies made this past year, I for one, have chosen reading, and writing as a more creative way to spend my time.

When you read a book, you engage your mind. When you engage your mind, you think. When you think, you gain wisdom. When you watch a movie, you munch on popcorn. When you munch on popcorn, you drink a soft drink. When you drink a soft drink, you have to go to the bathroom.

Do you choose WISDOM, or the bathroom?

No comments: