02 October 2010

Muddy Water

The other day I was at the Library and discovered that not only do they have audio books on CD, and you can Check out, but they also have music. I was going through the stacks of music, and found two CDs. The first, was a critically acclaimed Miles Davis Jazz CD. The second, was Muddy Waters, Greatest Hits. I have listed to both albums and I have to say, that the Jazz that Miles Davis puts on reminds me of trying to get out of a corn maze. The music will be clicking along at a stead rythm and notes, then all of a sudden, wham, you hit the dead end of the maze, and the music goes haywire. The rythm changes, and the notes, cords and melody take a U turn, and throw the listener for a loop. Jazz... the music that sounds like abstract art at times, and Paublo Picaso at others. The Muddy Water CD was what I was looking for, a more John Lee Hooker sound of Blues.

I went back today and picked up Wynton Marsalis, and a classical violin CD, and another audio book. THe book is written by Karl Haasien, and I have several other audio books by him. This past week I listened to Airframe by Michael Crition, and it was great. An 11 hour read and I listened to it in about 5 days, of course I put on around 600 miles of travel with work. At this point with as much driving as I do, purcahsing audio books each is getting uneconomical to say the least. That and the pool vehicles that I get, all have CD players, which my old company truck did not.

Last but not least, I did an experiment today to see if I could use all 5 lbs of flour in a new bag in one day, and I succeded. We started out the morning with homemade biscuits (2 cups), then started with the bread (8 cups), I should mention that the bread machine was not used, then we made some blueberry schones (2 cups), and lastly pizza dough (3 cups). Needless to say we ate well, and I spent a lot of time in the kitchen, cooking and talking to the kids about cooking. Ella help me top the pizzas, and cap helped with the scones.

No comments: